This beautiful instrument was originally built for the Albee Theater in Brooklyn NY in August of 1924, five months before the theater opened in January of 1925.
When the Albee decided that they no longer wanted to keep the organ, through the efforts of the American Theatre Organ Society, and the Los Angeles chapter, it was donated to the Mission Playhouse which has been it’s permanent home ever since.
Over the years, the organ has undergone extensive refurbishment both through the combined efforts of volunteers and generous donations provided by Peter Crotty through his charitable fund.
The Pasadena Star News recently published an article on Donn’s 40+years of service at the Playhouse. Click here to read the article.