Silent Sundays Series: The Gold Rush (new date!)
November 28 @ 2:30 pm
Our last Silent Sundays screening of 2021 features Charlie Chaplin in The Gold Rush (1925) which “charts a prospector’s search for fortune in the Klondike and his discovery of romance” on November 28th at 2:30pm.
The Gold Rush was the film that Chaplin stated he would most like to be remembered by and remains “one of cinema’s enduring classics, starring, written, and directed by the twentieth century’s first media superstar.” (tcm.com).
Accompanying the film our 1924 Mighty Wurlitzer theater pipe organ is organist Russ Peck.
Ticket prices start at $10 ($12 day of show).
We look forward to seeing you back at the Playhouse! Before your next visit, here is what you should know:
1. We highly recommend purchasing your tickets in advance. Tickets are available at our Box Office open Thursdays from 3:00pm-7:00pm or at ticketmaster.com (***online orders are subject to additional service & processing fees***). If you wait until the day of the show to purchase tickets at our Box Office, please come early. Our Box Office opens 90 minutes before a show begins. Mastercard and Visa are the two accepted forms of payment.
2. Wearing a face covering properly over your nose and mouth is required. Bandanas, gaiters, and masks with valves are not permitted.
3. Bring your photo ID along with proof of full vaccination or negative C-19 test results taken within 72 hours of the event.
4. There will be a bag check before you enter the theater. Leave snacks and drinks at home, except bottled water if needed. Bags larger than 12” x 12” x 6” are not allowed.
5. Arrive early! It may take some time to go through our check station. Doors open 1 hour before showtime.