Please join us for PHASE II of our Exterior Restoration Campaign
At a time when many historic buildings are being modernized, the Playhouse remains a thriving community space, almost identical to 89 years ago when it was dedicated to the People of California. The remarkable façade with its iconic bell towers is an architectural jewel and a landmark for the people of the region. However, in recent years, due to the Southern California climate and years of deferred maintenance, the exterior walls of the Playhouse were severely damaged with deep cracks and peeling paint.
In 2017, we launched PHASE I of our Exterior Restoration Campaign! After raising $102,500, we contracted painters to repair and paint the entire exterior of the Playhouse (in “Mission White”). We are so thrilled to announce that this phase is complete, and we are now fundraising for PHASE II. PHASE II will address the decorative elements and accent glazing on the façade of the building. We need $36,225 for PHASE II, and have raised $13,200 so far!
To complete this project would bring a renewed sense of pride to all who appreciate the beauty and grandeur of this historic building and ensure that the Playhouse is able to serve as the artistic heart of the community for many years to come.
Please join the Ralph M. Parsons Foundation, Ann Peppers Foundation, The Historical Preservation Foundation of the Native Sons of the Golden West, Congressmember Judy Chu (CA-27), the City of San Gabriel and many amazing individual donors. Your contribution will help us reach our goal. Together everything is possible!
We have created five levels of recognition for donors, as follows:
• Supporters – Contributions of $100 to $499 – recognition on our website & theater lobby monitors!
• Makers – Contributions of $500 to $999 – all of the above, and recognition in next season’s brochure!
• Builders – Contributions of $1,000 to $2,499 – all of the above, and inclusion on our Exterior Restoration Campaign wall plaque!
• Artisans – Contributions of $2,500 to $4,999 – all of the above, with mid-level recognition placement on the Exterior Restoration Campaign wall plaque!
• Creators – Contributions of $5,000+ – all of the above, acknowledgment in our Engage! season program, and second highest level recognition placement on the Exterior Restoration Campaign wall plaque!
• Benefactors – Contributions of $10,000+ – all of the above, acknowledgment in our Engage! season program, and highest level recognition placement on the Exterior Restoration Campaign wall plaque!
Charitable donations to the Friends of San Gabriel Mission Playhouse are facilitated by the California Community Foundation, a 501(c)3 organization, and tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. If you have any questions or are interested in a private tour of the theater, please contact Kelly Salloum, Development/Special Projects Manager firstname.lastname@example.org (626) 308-2865 x223