The Playhouse is pleased to announce our partnership with the California Community Foundation. With a new fund in place, we now have an official 501(c)(3) status to help facilitate your tax-deductible charitable donations to the Playhouse.
Please join our Façade Restoration Campaign, an effort to raise the funds needed to repair the front of the San Gabriel Mission Playhouse!
At a time when many historic buildings are being modernized, the Playhouse remains a thriving community space, almost identical to 89 years ago when it was dedicated to the People of California. However, due to the Southern California climate and years of deferred maintenance, the exterior walls of the Playhouse are severely damaged with deep cracks and peeling paint.
The remarkable façade with its iconic bell towers is an architectural jewel and a landmark for the people of the region. To repair and restore the exterior of the Playhouse would bring a renewed sense of pride to all who appreciate the beauty and grandeur of this historic building and ensure that the Playhouse is able to serve as the artistic heart of the community far into the future.
This dynamic fundraising opportunity draws on both private and public sector to complete this project. To date, we have received grants from The Ralph M. Parsons Foundation, The Historical Preservation Foundation of the Native Sons of the Golden West, The Olson Company, the City of San Gabriel and many individual donors. Your contribution will help bring us closer to our goal.
We have created five levels of recognition for donors, as follows:
• Supporters – Contributions of $10 to $499 – recognition on our website & theater lobby monitors!
• Makers – Contributions of $500 to $999 – all of the above, and recognition in our 2018 brochure!
• Builders – Contributions of $1,000 to $2,499 – all of the above, and inclusion on our Façade Restoration Campaign wall plaque!
• Artisans – Contributions of $2,500 to $4,999 – all of the above, with mid-level recognition placement on the Façade Restoration Campaign wall plaque!
• Creators – Contributions of $5,000+ – all of the above, acknowledgment in our Engage! season program, and highest level recognition placement on the Façade Restoration Campaign wall plaque!